A while ago when I made the green tomato and jalapeno jam I had been planning on using it in a baked chicken dish but other things came up and I forgot about all it. I was rummaging through my fridge the other day when I came across a jar of the jam and I immediatly thought of making it. This is certainly a dead simple recipe; you just brush some of the green tomato and jalapeno jam with some grainy mustard mixed in onto the chicken and bake it. The jam coating helps keep the chicken nice and moist and tender while it bakes. The sweet, tangy, tart and spicy green tomato and jalapeno jam and mustard combo worked really well on the baked chicken adding a really nice set of complex and tasty flavours. I always like it when simple, effortless dishes turn out to be so good! I served the chicken in green tomato and jalapeno jam with acorn squash glazed in green tomato and jalapeno jam and some brussels sprouts with bacon, dried cranberries and chopped toasted pecans .
Chicken Baked in Green Tomato and Jalapeno Jam
- 2 (6 ounce) chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup green tomato and jalapeno jam
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place them in a single layer in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Mix the jam and mustard's and spread it over the chicken.
- Bake in a preheated 400F oven until cooked (the juices will run clear and there will be no pink inside, about 30 minutes.