Despite making the apricot and ginger muffins and snacking on the apricots I still had some left by the end of the week and I knew exactly what I wanted to use them in. Not too long ago I came across a post titled 'White Chocolate Apricot and Macadamia Nut Blondies' on Chef Wannabe and I thought to myself, Blondies would be good with white chocolate and dried apricots. Then I scrolled down a bit and saw that they in fact used fresh apricots and I was immediately sold. The sliced fresh apricots had worked so well in the muffins and I knew that they would be amazing in blondies!
Blondie recipes are really easy with the base recipe consisting of butter, sugar, eggs and flour. Don't let that fool you though as blondies, like brownies, have that melt in you mouth texture that is like a cross between a moist cake and fudge. From there you can add pretty much any flavours that you want and the apricot, white chocolate and macadamia nut flavour combination in these blondies is definitely a winner! My mind is just racing with the possibilities now. How about fresh blueberry and pecan blondies next?
Note: These blondies turned out a little dark because I use a dark brown sugar but you can use a lighter brown sugar or even white sugar if you prefer a lighter colour to your blondies.
Apricot White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Blondies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts (coarsely chopped)
- 4 ounces white chocolate (coarsely chopped)
- 4 apricots (pitted and sliced)
- Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time and continue beating until fluffy.
- Mix the flour in followed by the nuts and chocolate.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8 inch square baking pan.
- Top with sliced apricots.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 30-40 minutes.