Pestos are really easy to make and I always enjoy playing around with different flavours. One of my favorite pestos is this sundried tomato pesto which is as easy to make as throwing everything into a food processor and pureeing. In addition to being super simple to make this pesto is just packed with flavour! I like using pestos like this in pasta or as a condiment in sandwiches.
Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes (minus the oil they were packed in)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (toasted)
- 2 tablespoons parmigiano reggiano (grated)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (or oil from sun dried tomatoes)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place everything into a food processor and puree.