As I was enjoying my balsamic roasted Tomato caprese salad a thought crossed my mind; This flavour combination would be great in a sandwich! I am currently hooked on balsamic roasted tomatoes and I could not resist indulging and making them again, this time in sandwich form. :) As good as the salad version was, the sandwich was even better! There is just something amazing about wrapping things in a soft and warm fresh baguette and it really worked with this sandwich. I mean, just look at all of those juices pouring out of that sandwich! And even better, those juices soaked into the baguette infusing it with all of their magical flavours.
Balsamic Roasted Tomato Caprese Sandwich
- 4 ripe field tomatoes (cut in half)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella (sliced)
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 1 baguette (cut into 4 sandwich sized pieces and sliced in half)
- Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet with the cut side facing up.
- Sprinkle with the garlic, salt and pepper and drizzle with the oil and vinegar.
- Roast the tomatoes in a preheated 350F/180C oven for an hour.
- Let the tomatoes cool, assemble the sandwich and and enjoy.