Last week a kind reader left a comment on my fried green tomatoes recipe suggesting that I try fried green tomato shrimp remoulade. I am always looking for new ways to enjoy fried green tomatoes and there is no way that you could go wrong topping them off with some shrimp in a tasty remoulade sauce . As luck would have it, I remembered seeing some green tomatoes at the farmers market last week so the fried green tomato shrimp remoulade made it to my meal plan really quickly! :) This recipe is pretty easy and you can even make the remoulade sauce the day before which works out for the best as the flavours get a chance to mingle overnight. While researching this recipe I found out that this dish is often served with the shrimp and remoulade sauce chilled while the fried green tomatoes are piping hot to add a nice contrasting temperature to the dish. I have to say that the tangy fried green tomatoes go really well with the sweet and juicy shrimp in their tasty remoulade sauce! This recipe would work equally well for a light meal of as an appetizer.
Fried Green Tomatoes with Shrimp Remoulade
- 2 cups salad greens (optional)
- 6 slices fried green tomatoes (hot)
- 12 large shrimp (shelled, deviened, cooked and chilled)
- 1/3 cup remoulade sauce (chilled)
- Divide the salad greens and fried green tomatoes between two plates topping the tomato slices each with 2 shrimp and a tablespoon remoulade sauce.