While I was looking through pumpkin recipes recently, I came across the idea of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies which sounded so good that I had to try them right away! I had not thought to use pumpkin in cookies before but I knew that it would be a killer combo. When I went to see if I had any chocolate chips, I happened to stumble across some macadamia nuts first. I looked at the container and thought, I have just enough for a batch of cookies and then inspiration struck! Why not add pumpkin to some white chocolate chip and macadamia nut cookies? White chocolate chunk and macadamia nut cookies are my all time favourite cookie and so with that thought I instantly had a new plan.
I pulled out my trusty white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies recipe and I proceed to add some pumpkin puree . Since the pumpkin puree would be adding some moisture I figured I would need some more dry ingredients to balance things out. I was going to just add some more flour but then I thought; Why not add some rolled oats? Rolled oats add a great texture to cookies and they provide the perfect excuse to lie to yourself and say that that makes them healthier. :) I have to say that the aroma of the pumpkin and white chocolate baking in the oven was heavenly! When I first bit into one of the cookies, they definitely lived up to my expectations, taking an already fantastic cookie and elevating them to even further heights!
Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip and Macadamia Nut Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes Servings: 12
Pumpkin rolled oats cookies with white chocolate and macadamia nuts.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Mix in the rolled oats, white chocolate and macadamia nuts.
- Place the dough onto a cookie sheet one table spoon at a time.
- Bake in a 350F/180C preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.