The recipe for the pumpkin gnocchi easily made enough for two meals and now that I had had my pumpkin gnocchi in a gorgonzola sauce it was time for a classic, pumpkin gnocchi in brown butter and sage sauce. It constantly surprises me that something so simple as a browned butter sauce can be so good and yet it is! Even better, is that the sage fries up nice and crispy in the butter and the pair are a match made in heaven. Combine that with some sweet pumpkin gnocchi and you have an amazing meal that takes almost no effort to make. I like to add a hit of lemon juice at the end to brighten things up a bit.
Pumpkin Gnocchi in a Brown Butter and Sage Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 handful sage leaves
- 1/2 batch (about 1 pound) pumpkin gnocchi (cooked)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Melt the butter in a pan and cook it until it just starts to brown.
- Add the sage and fry until crispy, about 1 minute.
- Add the gnocchi and toss to coat.
- Remove from heat and mix in the lemon juice.