It looks like this will be the last of the ramp posts for this year and it is a tasty one! This omelette was inspired by the ramp pesto omelette with asparagus and goat cheese but I was out of the pesto so I simplified things a bit and just used the ramps. I wanted to saute the white parts of the ramps and since I was going to be doing that I figured that I would start with some bacon and then saute the ramps in the grease. (Bacon was on sale recently, I swear!) However I did not want to saute the greens so I mixed them into the eggs along with some salt and pepper. I almost alway have some asparagus in the house these days and I still had some goat cheese left over so I finished off my omelet with them. This omelette was a great way to say goodbye to the ramps, well, the ones that I did not pickle that is.
Ramp and Bacon Omelette with Asparagus and Goat Cheese
An spring omelette with ramps, asparagus, bacon and goat cheese.
Servings: makes 1 serving
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 slice of bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 ramps, trimmed and cleaned
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 spears asparagus, cleaned, trimmed and blanched
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled
- Cook the bacon in a pan over medium heat until crispy, about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop the white parts of the ramps and slice the green parts thinly.
- Add the white parts of the ramps to the pan and saute for a minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper and pour them into the pan and top with the greens of the ramps, the asparagus and the goat cheese.
- Cook without disturbing until the eggs have set, about 2-4 minutes.
- Slide the omelette out of the pan and enjoy.
Ramp Pesto Omelette with Asparagus and Goat Cheese
Fried Eggs with Ramps and Bacon
Spinach and Feta Omelette
Scrambled Eggs with Ramps, Asparagus and Morel Mushrooms