It looks like this will be the last of the ramp posts for this year and it is a tasty one! This omelette was inspired by the ramp pesto omelette with asparagus and goat cheese but I was out of the pesto so I simplified things a bit and just used the ramps. I wanted to saute the white parts of the ramps and since I was going to be doing that I figured that I would start with some bacon and then saute the ramps in the grease. (Bacon was on sale recently, I swear!) However I did not want to saute the greens so I mixed them into the eggs along with some salt and pepper. I almost alway have some asparagus in the house these days and I still had some goat cheese left over so I finished off my omelet with them. This omelette was a great way to say goodbye to the ramps, well, the ones that I did not pickle that is.
Ramp and Bacon Omelette with Asparagus and Goat Cheese
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: 1
An spring omelette with ramps, asparagus, bacon and goat cheese.
- 1 slice of bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 ramps, trimmed and cleaned
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 spears asparagus, cleaned, trimmed and blanched
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled
- Cook the bacon in a pan over medium heat until crispy, about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop the white parts of the ramps and slice the green parts thinly.
- Add the white parts of the ramps to the pan and saute for a minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper and pour them into the pan and top with the greens of the ramps, the asparagus and the goat cheese.
- Cook without disturbing until the eggs have set, about 2-4 minutes.
- Slide the omelette out of the pan and enjoy.