Next up for my freshly homemade Thai green curry paste is this seasonal curry with asparagus and zucchini. One of the things that I like so much about Thai curries is that they are so easy tom make. You start by sautéing the curry paste to bring out its flavours then you add the coconut milk, the ingredients of choice, fish sauce, lime juice and a bit of sugar to balance things out, and then simmer for a few minutes. Nice and quick and easy! Despite being so easy, these curries are always full of flavour and when using homemade curry pastes they are nice and bright and fresh. For this curry I wanted the in season local asparagus and zucchini and because I wanted to keep things on the lighter side I filled out the curry with chickpeas though chicken or tofu would also work well. I normally serve curries like this over jasmine rice but this time I changed things up and went with quinoa which turned out to be a great alternative!
Asparagus, Zucchini and Chickpea Green Curry
Asparagus, zucchini and chickpeas in a tasty Thai coconut green curry sauce packed with bright fresh flavours.
Servings: makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoon Thai green curry paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 lime, juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, sliced
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound zucchini, sliced
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and sliced
- 1 handful Thai basil or basil
- red chilies, sliced
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the curry paste and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, lime leaves and chickpeas, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and asparagus and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat an serve garnished with fresh basil and sliced red chilies
Tilapia Baked in Thai Green Curry
Penang Gai (Chicken Penang Curry)
Prawn and Pineapple Curry
Thai Green Curry Turkey and Zucchini Meatloaf in a Coconut Milk Green Curry Sauce