Now that I had my Thai green curry paste it was time to get down to business and make some curry! I wanted something on the lighter side and I immediately thought about fish which I have been enjoying a lot of lately. The basic idea was to simply bake some fish in Thai green curried coconut milk and to serve it over jasmine rice. Since asparagus is in season it seemed only natural to add some to the dish as well!
The curried coconut milk starts out like a lot of Thai curry dishes with the coconut milk and curry paste along with some fish sauce for something salty, some lime juice for something tart and a bit of sugar for something sweet. After quickly making the curried coconut milk I poured it over the fish in a baking dish and thew it into the oven to cook. Baking the fish in the coconut milk helps ensure that the fish stays nice and moist in addition to imparting the all of the tasty flavours to the fish.
I served the tilapia baked in curried coconut milk on a bed or rice topped with asparagus and I poured the remaining curried coconut milk over everything. All of the extra coconut milk was quickly absorbed by the rice helping to ensure that every bite was packed full of flavour! I finished the dish off by garnishing it with lots of fresh herbs and sliced birds eye chilies. Overall this was one really amazing light dish that is just brimming with flavour and perfect for spring!
Tilapia Baked in Thai Green Curry
Tilapia baked in tasty Thai green curried coconut milk.
Servings: makes 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, sliced
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 red chili, sliced
- Heat the oil in the a pan.
- Add the curry paste and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice and zest and lime leaves and bring to a boil.
- Pour the curried coconut milk over the tilapia fillets in a baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until cooked, about 15-20 minutes. The fish will be cooked when it flakes easily and it is no longer translucent.
- Serve garnished with cilantro and red chillies.
Tom Yum Baked Fish
Penang Gai (Chicken Penang Curry)
Tilapia Baked in Salsa Verde