After enjoying the duck tacos with chipotle cherry salsa and goat cheese a few times last week, I wanted to try something a little different with the remaining leftovers. Right up there with my obsession with tacos is my obsession with quesadillas! I mean you really cannot go wrong with a tasty filling being held together with ooey gooey melted cheese being lovingly held together by lightly toasted and crispy golden brown tortillas! If there is one thing that I like more than straight up goat cheese it is melted goat cheese and I was just itching to use some in a quesadilla along with the chipotle pan seared duck breast and some of that tasty cherry salsa. When goat cheese melts, it does not really have the power to hold things together so I added some jack cheese to ensure that the filling was not going to spill out the sides while eating the quesadillas and you can't go wrong with two kinds of cheese! I often like to add something to quesadillas to help complement and contrast all of the melted cheesy goodness and this time I went with some sliced green onions and fresh cilantro. I served these duck quesadillas with cherry salsa and goat cheese with some extra cherry salsa and some sour cream for dipping.
Duck Quesadillas with Chipotle Cherry Salsa and Goat Cheese
Chipotle pan seared duck breast quesadillas with ooey gooey melted goat and jack cheese and a sweet, savoury and spicy cherry salsa.
- 1/4 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup chipotle pan seared duck breast, sliced into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon chipotle cherry salsa
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 ounce goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 (8 inch) tortillas
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Place a tortilla into the pan, swirl it around in the butter an set aside.
- Place the second tortilla into the pan and swirl around in the butter.
- Sprinkle on half of the cheese onto the tortilla followed by the duck, chipotle cherry salsa, green onion and cilantro followed by the remaining cheese and top it all off with the second tortilla.
- Cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted.
- Cut the quesadilla into 6 pieces and serve with salsa, sour cream and a garnish of cilantro.
Duck Tacos with Chipotle Cherry Salsa and Crumbled Goat Cheese
Roast Asparagus and Caramelized Mushroom Quesadillas with Goat Cheese
Corn and Zucchini Quesadillas
Pineapple Dak Bulgogi Quesadillas (Korean Spicy Pineapple BBQ Chicken Quesadillas)
Salmon Bulgogi Quesadillas with Blueberry Salsa
BBQ Chicken and Peach Quesadillas