Jalapeño poppers have to be one of my favourite snacks and I am pretty addicted to them. Recently I have been experimenting with using the signature jalapeño popper flavours in other dishes with great success. Not too long ago I tried a jalapeño popper dip that was even more addictive than the original and the jalapeño popper grilled cheese sandwich quickly made its way to the top of my list no too long after.
When I came across the idea of a jalapeño quiche on Hilah Cooking it immediately reminded me of the flavours of jalapeño poppers. This quiche starts out with a layer of cream cheese that is topped with fresh jalapeño peppers, a creamy egg mixture and finally a layer of melted cheddar cheese. The whole thing is baked in an all butter crust that gets nice and crispy by the time it is done. I was completely taken with the idea of being able to have jalapeño poppers for breakfast in quiche form and I just had to make it!
This quiche is pretty easy to make, though making your own pie crust can be a bit tricky. The one thing that you are going to want to be careful about with this recipe is the heat provided by the jalapeño peppers. If you are not the biggest fan of heat you will want to seed the jalapeño peppers and maybe even cut back to one. If you are a fan of heat you can leave the seeds in like I did and maybe even add an extra pepper. I have to say that this jalapeño popper quiche was really amazing! It is hard to beat a hot, spicy and cheesy quiche for breakfast and with this one I was certainly looking forward to breakfasts this week!
Jalapeño Popper Quiche
A cheesy quiche with all of the flavours of jalapeno poppers including cheddar cheese, cream cheese, jalapenos and a crispy crust!
Servings: makes 6+ servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, pre-baked
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 jalapenos, diced (seed them is you prefer less heat)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Spread the cream cheese over the bottom of the pie crust and sprinkle on the diced jalapenos.
- Heat the milk and cream over medium heat until just before it boils, about 5 minutes and pour it into a large bowl.
- Pour the eggs into the heated cream while stirring constantly.
- Mix in the paprika and salt.
- Pour the mixture into the pie plate and bake in a preheated 350F oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, arrange the jalapeno slices on top, sprinkle with cheese and bake until the cheese has melted and turned golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Zucchini and Feta Quiche with a Brown Rice Crust
Jalapeno Popper Pizza
Breakfast Queso Fundido
Jalapeno Popper Dressing
Southwestern Grilled Chicken Jalapeno Popper Salad
Jalapeno Popper Corn Fritters