When I was thinking of side dishes for the big meal I couldn't help but think of mashed potatoes which are nice and easy and always a hit. One of the things that I like about mashed potatoes is that there are just so many different things that you can do with them and I am always experimenting with them. I have been wanting to try using roasted red peppers and now was the perfect time to try them out along with some feta and oregano. The sweet roasted red pepper and salty feta flavour combo is a particularly nice one that I enjoy using in many dishes and it works out really well in these mashed potatoes that are made nice and creamy with some thick Greek yogurt. Another great thing about mashed potatoes is that they can be done on the stove top and on a day when you are roasting your meat it is good to be able to keep your oven free of one more dish.
Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Mashed Potatoes
Creamy mashed potatoes with sweet roasted red pepper and salty feat cheese along with some fresh oregano to pull everything together.
Servings: makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 large roasted red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes and garlic in enough water to cover over medium-high until the potatoes are fork tender, about 20-30 minutes, drain and mash.
- Mix in the butter, yogurt, roasted red pepper, feta, oregano and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Rice
Spinach and Feta Mashed Cauliflower
White Cheddar and Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes topped with Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms
Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Pasta with Feta and Kalamata Olives