December is here and that means that the holiday baking season is now upon us! I wanted to ease into the baking and since I was craving something with cinnamon, snickerdoodles seemed like the perfect thing to start with. Snickerdoodles are a cookie that is rolled in a mixture of sugar and cinnamon before baking and they are so addictively good! One of the things that is so amazing about snickerdooles is how easier they are to make; I mean really, all that needs to be done is mix the wet ingredients, mix the dry ingredients, mix them together, roll, coat and bake. All said and done you will be passing those tasty little treats back an forth between your hands, blowing on them to cool, in less than 20 minutes!
Excuse me while I get back to my milk and snickerdoodles.
Sugar cookies rolled in cinnamon and sugar that are oh so simple and yet oh so good!
Servings: makes 24 cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Cream the butter and sugar and then beat in the egg followed by the vanilla extract.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Form the dough into balls 1 inch across, roll them into a mixture of the sugar and cinnamon and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 375F oven for 8-10 minutes.
Cinnamon Swirl Bread