The Super Bowl is quickly approaching and that means that it is time to start dusting off some recipes for snacking! I am a big fan of hot melted cheese dips and I had an idea for a new one, a bacon double cheese burger dip that has all of the flavours of a bacon double cheese burger. Beef is the main part of a burger so I started out there and I added some ingredients that I commonly add to burgers including onions, garlic and worcestershire sauce. Next up was the bacon and then the cheese and I included both cheddar for the flavour and mozzarella for the stringy melted goodness. I went with the standard hot melted cheese dip ingredients including the cream cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream to form the base of the dip. One final touch was the addition of ketchup as it is a pretty standard condiment used in burgers. All of the ingredients are then mixed together and baked until the cheeses all melt and start to brown and get all bubbly.
If you cannot live without lettuce and tomatoes in your burgers then topping the hot bacon double cheese burger dip with freshly diced juicy tomatoes and sliced crisp lettuce is the way to go and I highly recommend that you try it!
This bacon double cheese burger dip goes great on toasted baguette slices or with tortilla chips for your dipping pleasure.
Whether at home watching the big game or out or tailgating this dip would make an excellent addition to your snacking delights!
Bacon Double Cheese Burger Dip
A hot cheesy baked dip with all of the flavours of a bacon double cheese burger that makes for some great game day snacking!
Servings: makes 4+ servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 6 strips bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- Cook the ground beef in a pan over medium heat, set it aside and drain the grease from the pan.
- Cook the bacon in the pan until crispy, about 6-10 minutes, set aside and drain all but a tablespoon of the grease.
- Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Mix the ground beef, bacon, onions and garlic, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, mozzarella, cheddar, worcestershire sauce and ketchup and pour it into a baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the top starts turning a light golden brown and then sides are bubbling, about 20-30 minutes.
Slow Cooker: Implement steps 1 & 2, optionally implement steps 3 & 4, mix everything, place it in the slow cooker and cook until the cheese is nice and melted about 1-2 hours on high or 2-4 hours on low.
One Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
Bacon Double Cheeseburger Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Chicken Enchilada Dip
Looking for more tasty tailgating recipes?