With all of the experimenting that I have been doing with pizzas over the years, the Thai chicken pizza with spicy peanut sauce is one of my favourites. I mean the spicy peanut sauce is surely one of the most addictive substances that I have come across and if you it with ooey gooey melted cheese on a pizza you get something truly irresistible! I was recently reminded of the Thai chicken pizza with spicy peanut sauce when I came across some thing similar, a Thai chicken pizza with sweet chili sauce on How Sweet Eats and I knew immediately that I would have to make it!
Although sweet chili sauce is not as addictive as the spicy peanut sauce it comes close and I often find myself eating it by the spoonful. I could easily see the sweet chili sauce working really well as the sauce on a pizza and I could not wait to try it out! Another thing that I really like about these Thai style pizzas is topping them with fresh ingredients including plenty of herbs after they come out of the oven. Although I was seriously tempted to go with shrimp for this pizza, chicken won out at the last minute and I rounded the toppings off with some sliced red pepper and julienned carrot. For the toppings added after baking, I went with bean sprouts, basil, cilantro and chopped peanuts.
Tip: It is actually really easy to make your own sweet chili sauce at home, though if you want to save time the store bought ones will work just as well.
Thai Chicken Pizza with Sweet Chili Sauce
A Thai inspired pizza with a sweet chili sauce base topped with chicken, red peppers, peanuts and plenty of fresh herbs!
Servings: makes 1 large pizza
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pizza dough
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cut bite sized pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 handful bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 handful roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 handful basil, chopped (optional)
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Roll the dough out into a disc roughly 12 inches across and spread the sweet chili sauce over it.
- Sprinkle the chicken, carrot, bean sprouts green onions, cheese and peanuts onto the pizza.
- Bake in a preheated 500F oven until golden brown on top, about 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the peanuts, basil and cilantro on to the pizza.
Thai Chicken Pizza with Spicy Peanut Sauce
Balsamic Strawberry and Chicken Pizza with Sweet Onions and Smoked Bacon
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Sweet Chili Chicken Quesadilla
Jalapeno Popper Pizza
Cauliflower Pizza Crust (BBQ Chicken Pizza)
Sweet Chili Chicken and Avocado Enchiladas
Zucchini Pizza Crust (with Chipotle BBQ Bacon and Grilled Corn Pizza)
Crispy Baked Peanut Sweet Chili Chicken Wings