A little while ago I came across a recipe for bacon wrapped buffalo chicken jalapeno poppers on Copy Kat Recipes that sounded so good! Unfortunately I was all snacked out after the big football game so I very reluctantly set the recipe aside for another time. Although I resisted making them for a while, over the weekend I broke down and made them using some leftover cooked shredded chicken from the freezer. I did not really stand a chance, I mean this recipe combines two irresistible snacks, jalapeno poppers and buffalo chicken wings, into one and then wraps them up in bacon and I just had to find out how amazing the combination was!
I made a few changes to the recipe starting out by pre-roasting the jalapeno peppers a bit to help ensure that they are nice and tender by the time the bacon is done cooking. I commonly like to pair blue cheese with buffalo chicken so I added some to the stuffed jalapenos but I went easy on the blue cheese and mellowed it out with some cheddar for those that are not as appreciative of blue cheese as I am. To make up for it I served the bacon wrapped buffalo chicken jalapeno poppers with some blue cheese sauce for dipping and I also provided carrot and celery sticks for even more dipping pleasure.
Bacon Wrapped Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
Jalapeno peppers stuffed with spicy buffalo chicken and blue cheese and wrapped with bacon!
Servings: make 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 12 large jalapenos, cut in half with seeds removed
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded or diced and warm
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing (optional)
- Place the jalapenos in a single layer on a baking pan with the cut side down and roast in a preheated 350F oven for 10 minutes.
- Mix the hot sauce and the melted butter and then mix in the chicken.
- Fill the jalapenos with the buffalo chicken, top with cheese and wrap with bacon securing everything with a toothy pick.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the bacon is cooked, about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve while still warm with a side celery and carrot sticks and some blue cheese sauce for dipping.
Option: Replace the cheddar with cream cheese.
Buffalo Chicken Recipes:
Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Prosciutto Wrapped Gorgonzola Stuffed Figs
Mini Pepper Nachos with Corn, Black Beans and Avocado
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup
Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs
Get the Game Day Party Food cookbook!