Often times weekday breakfasts are rushed and thus pretty simple so on the weekend I like to do something a little more. As many of my long time readers know, I have a thing for tacos and I was thinking that a scrambled egg taco would be a great way to do something a little special for breakfast this weekend. I formed the base of the breakfast tacos with Mexican chorizo , a fresh pork sausage seasoned with plenty of chilies, which I fried and then added eggs and cooked them scrambled style. The chorizo scrambled eggs (chorizo con huevos) along with the tortillas form the base of the tacos and from there you can add your favourite tacos fillings and this time I went with refried beans , pico de gallo , cheddar cheese, sour cream, cilantro and lime. These chorizo scrambled egg tacos are really easy to prepare and they make for a fun and tasty breakfast for the entire family!
I like to change things up with the toppings going with whatever I feel like or what is on hand and this time I went with refried beans , pico de gallo , avocado and crumbled queso fresco.
Chorizo Scrambled Eggs Breakfast Tacos
Tacos for breakfast are always good and these ones are filled with spicy Mexican style chorizo, scrambled eggs, refried beans, pico de gallo, queso fresco, sour cream and cilantro.
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 pound chorizo, casings removed
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- cilantro to taste
- 6 corn tortillas, warm
- 1 cup refried beans, warm
- 1 cup pico de gallo or salsa
- 1/4 cup queso freso or feta, crumbled
- 1/4 sour cream
- cilantro to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the sausage, cook breaking it apart as you go, about 7-10 minutes and set aside reserving 1/2 tablespoon of oil and grease in the pan.
- Add the onion to the pan and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the sausage and eggs, season with salt and pepper and cook until the eggs have almost set, about 1-3 minutes.
- Serve on tortillas and refried beans topped with pico de gallo, queso fresco sour cream and cilantro.
Breakfast Queso Fundido
Chorizo and Egg Breakfast Nachos
Ham and Egg Breakfast Burrito
Zucchini and Green Chile Egg Breakfast Casserole
Mexican Baked Eggs
Black Bean Chili Omelette
Guacamole Omelette with Salsa
Breakfast Chorizo Quesadilla Topped with a Fried Egg