Not too long ago I was making one of my favourite summer salads, this grilled chicken souvlaki salad, and I figured that I would take the opportunity to update the photos for the recipe which I originally posted back in 2012! It's really hard to beat a salad with grilled meat for a nice, tasty and light summer meal, especially when that grilled meat is chicken souvlaki with its summery lemon, garlic and oregano flavours! This salad is super easy to make where you just need to marinate the chicken in it's simple marinade, skewer it up, grill it, serve it over a tasty greek style salad and top it all off with a tasty dressing! For the dressing I sometimes go with a tzatziki sauce but more often these days I have been enjoying a creamy feta and dill dressing which is just perfect for this salad! Everything in this salad works so well together from the juicy tomatoes to the crunchy cucumbers, salty olives, tangy onions, creamy dressing and of course the grilled chicken souvlaki! If you are looking for a nice, light and tasty meal this summer, look no further than this grilled chicken souvlaki salad with creamy feta and dill dressing!
All mixed up and ready to be devoured!
The original photos:
This salad also makes for a great pita!
Grilled Chicken Souvlaki Salad with Creamy Feta and Dill Dressing
A chicken souvlaki salad packed with Mediterranean flavours and a tzatziki dressing that makes a perfect light summer meal.
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, sliced
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup creamy feta and dill dressing or tzatziki sauce
For the grilled chicken souvlaki:
For the salad:
- Marinate the chicken in the mixture of the remaining ingredients in the fridge for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Grill the chicken over medium-high heat until cooked, about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Assemble the salad and enjoy!