Peach season is quickly fading and I have been trying to enjoy them as much as I can before they are all gone for another year. In fact this week I may have gone a little overboard and gotten a few too many of them! Not to worry though as I have been happily coming up with new ways to use them including in these tasty peach quesadillas. The recipe could not be simpler, you just need some leftover cooked and shredded chicken mixed in with some BBQ sauce, cheese, tortillas and optionaly, some cilantro, in addition to a fresh peach. Once everything is assembled you just need to cook it until the cheese has melted and then you are in a peach and melted cheesy heaven! The sweet, spicy and tangy BBQ chicken goes really well with the juicy peaches and ooey gooey melted cheese! What a great way to enjoy some peaches!
So much melted cheesy goodness!
BBQ Chicken and Peach Quesadillas
Sweet and spicy BBQ chicken with fresh, juicy peaches all smothered in melted cheese makes these quesadillas unforgettable!
Servings: makes 1 serving
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 (10 inch) tortilla
- 1/4 cup cheddar, shredded
- 1/4 cup jack, shredded
- 1/4 cup chicken, cooked, shredded and mixed with 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1 peach, sliced thinly
- cilantro to taste
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Place the tortilla in the pan, sprinkle half of the cheese over half of the tortilla, followed by the BBQ chicken, peach, cilantro and the remaining cheese.
- Fold the tortilla in half covering the filling and cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Duck Quesadillas with Chipotle Cherry Salsa and Goat Cheese
Peach and Maple Sour Cream Pecan Pie
Peach Amaretti Crumble