When you make the corn and black bean tacos with roast zucchini salsa be sure to make a double batch as the leftovers are great in other dishes like these quesadillas. You really cannot go wrong taking the sweet caramelized corn along with the creamy black bean and the fresh and tasty zucchini salsa with a nice spicy heat and wrapping them all in a toasted golden brown tortilla along with plenty of melted cheese! Once the corn and black beans and zucchini salsa are made these quesadillas only take a few minutes to make which is good because you will want to make them all the time! What a great way to enjoy some of the last of summers produce!
Just look at all of that ooey gooey melted cheese!
Caramelized Corn and Black Bean Quesadillas with Roast Zucchini Salsa
Cheesy quesadillas stuffed with sweet caramelized corn, black beans and roasted zucchini salsa served with a roasted poblano crema for dipping.
Servings: makes 1 serving
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 (10 inch) tortilla
- 1/2 cup cheese such and cheddar and/or jack, shredded
- 1/2 cup caramelized corn and black beans, warm
- 2 tablespoons roasted zucchini salsa
- roasted poblano crema to taste
- Place the tortilla in the pan, sprinkle half of the cheese over half of the tortilla, top with the caramelized corn and black beans, roasted zucchini salsa and the remaining cheese.
- Fold the tortilla in half covering the filling and cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Serve the quesadillas with more roasted zucchini salsa and roasted poblano crema for dipping.
Caramelized Corn and Black Bean Tacos with Roast Zucchini Salsa and Roasted Poblano Crema
Corn and Black Bean Huevos Rancheros with Roast Zucchini Salsa
Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadillas with Swiss Chard Pesto
Corn and Zucchini Quesadillas
Roast Asparagus and Caramelized Mushroom Quesadillas with Goat Cheese
Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Zucchini