Up next for my homemade roasted red peppers was to use them in a sandwich along with some grilled eggplant and halloumi. Halloumi is a
Grilled Eggplant and Roasted Red Pepper Sandwich with Halloumi
These tasty grilled eggplant, roasted red pepper and halloumi sandwiches are a great way to enjoy late summers produce!
Servings: makes 4 sandwiches
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 8 slices bread
- 8 ounces halloumi, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 roasted red peppers, cut into 4 slices
- 2 cups salad greens
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- Lightly brush the eggplant and bread with oil and season the eggplant with salt and pepper.
- Grill the eggplant over medium high heat until tender, about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Lightly grill the bread and haloumi on both sides and then hit the halloumi with the lemon juice.
- Assemble the sandwiches and enjoy!
Eggplant and Mozzarella Panini
Grilled Vegetable Panini
Grilled Portobello and Roasted Red Pepper Sandwich with Pistachio Pesto
Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Panini with Cilantro Pesto and Feta