With Halloween coming up I have been thinking about pumpkins a lot more and when I was wondering what to do for breakfasts this week, a pumpkin bread seemed like a great way to go! Although I already have a recipe for a pumpkin bread that I really like I wanted to try to incorporate some of the ideas from the recently successful strawberry Greek yogurt banana bread into it. The Greek yogurt banana bread uses bananas and Greek yogurt to completely replace the oil or butter in an attempt to make it a little healthier while leaving the bread nice and light, fluffy and most importantly, moist. For my pumpkin Greek yogurt banana bread I pretty much took the Greek yogurt banana bread recipe and added pumpkin spices and pumpkin puree while removing some of the bananas to keep the moisture level consistent. In addition I replaced some of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour and since pecan go so well with pumpkin I added some of those as well. The pumpkin Greek yogurt banana bread turned out amazingly well, having one of the best textures that I have ever had in a quick bread! I am looking forward to breakfasts this week especially on Halloween!
Even after spending the time making a healthier pumpkin bread recipe I could not resist topping it with a vanilla bourbon caramel sauce!
I like to wrap my leftover quick bread in aluminum foil and store it in fridge. When I want another slice I simply pull one out and put it in the microwave for 10-20 seconds to warm it up and it is almost just like the day that it was made.
This pumpkin Greek yogurt banana bread with vanilla bourbon caramel sauce makes for such an amzing breakfast!
Pumpkin Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
A moist, light and fluffy pumpkin banana bread with Greek yogurt that is perfect for cool fall days and pretty healthy as well.
Servings: makes 1 loaf
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 1 hours 10 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (homemade or store bought)
- 2 large over-ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped (optional)
- Mix the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves in a large bowl.
- Mix brown sugar, pumpkin puree, bananas, eggs and yogurt in another large bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients followed by the pecans.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until golden brown and a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean, about 60 minutes.
Strawberry Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
Pumpkin Caramel Cheesecake Turtle Bread
Pumpkin Bread with Dried Cranberries, Toasted Pecans and White Chocolate Chips
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Greek Yogurt Banana Bread