The other day when I made the slow cooker bacon wrapped apple BBQ chicken it reminded me of another bacon wrapped chicken dish that I wanted to make, bacon wrapped jalapeno popper stuffed chicken. The basic idea was to stuff the chicken with all of the flavours of jalapeno poppers and then to wrap them in bacon and grill or bake them. Jalapeno poppers are commonly filled with cream cheese and or cheddar cheese and they are either coated in bread crumbs and fried until crispy or wrapped in bacon and grilled or baked until cooked. Although I liked the sound of a crispy coating on the chicken the bacon wrapping was calling my name and I could not resist going with that option! For the filling I went with a simple mixture of cream cheese, cheddar and diced jalapeno peppers. The bacon wrapped jalapeno popper stuffed chicken tastes just like jalapeno poppers and makes for one really tasty light meal!
Mmmmmm... melted cheeese...
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
Chicken stuffed with jalapenos, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and wrapped in bacon; it's like chicken jalapeno poppers for dinner!
- 4 (6 ounce) chicken breasts, pounded thin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 jalapenos, diced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 slices bacon
- Lay the chicken flat, season both sides with salt and pepper, place 1/4 of the mixture of the jalapenos, cream cheese and cheddar on the chicken and roll them up.
- Wrap each chicken breast up in 2 slices of bacon and place them in a baking dish on a wire rack.
- Bake in a pre-heated 400F/200C oven until cooked, about 25-35 minutes.
Bacon Wrapped, Mushroom and Spinach Stuffed Pork Tenderloin in a Creamy Dijon Goat Cheese Sauce
Bacon Wrapped Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
Slow Cooker Bacon Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken
Jalapeno Popper Pizza
Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Jalapeno Popper Dressing
Southwestern Grilled Chicken Jalapeno Popper Salad
Jalapeno Popper Corn Fritters
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup
Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs