Perfect for dipping with whole grain crackers or veggies!
Of course if you just can't give up the cheese, add some and bake it to get it all melt-y and good! (Say 1 cup of mozzarella and 20-30 minutes at 350F.)
Spinach and Artichoke Hummus
A creamy and healthy hummus dip with all of the flavours of a spinach and artichoke dip without any of the regret.
Servings: makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 lemon, juice (~2 tablespoons)
- olive oil to taste
- salt and cayenne to taste
- 1/2 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup asiago or parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated (optional)
- Puree the chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice and enough oil to get the consistency that you desire.
- Season with cayenne, salt and pepper and mix in the spinach, artichoke hearts and cheese.
Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Hot Cheesy Crab, Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed with Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Tortellini Soup