Pickle fries are another common bar food that is great to snack on while watching the big game and I have been meaning to try making them at home for a while now. With the success of the onion rings, eggplant fries and portobello mushroom fries it was past time for me to try making the pickle fries at home! Although pickle fries are normally deep fried in oil I decided to bake them instead with a coating of panko bread crumbs to keep them crispy, though I could not pass up on the beer batter to hold the bread crumbs on. Despite pickles being a bit wet to begin with, these baked fries turn out nice and crispy and oh so irresistibly good! Beer battered crispy baked pickle fries are sure to be a star at your party for the big game and they are so easy to make!
The beer batter is really good but if you prefer you could just use eggs to hold the panko bread crumbs on.
These beer battered crispy baked pickle are great all by themselves but they also go good with a dip like a spicy chipotle mayo.
Beer Battered Crispy Baked Pickle Fries
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4
Crispy beer battered baked pickle fries that are perfect for dipping in a cool and creamy ranch sauce.
- 48 slices of pickles, drained and pat dry with paper towels
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup beer, buttermilk or milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning (optional)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Dip the pickle slices in the mixture of the flour, beer, egg and creole seasoning, dredge in the bread crumbs and place on a rack on a baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 425F oven until golden brown and crispy, about 12-14 minutes.