It is hard to think about Easter without thinking about eggs and deviled eggs are a great way to include some eggs in your Easter menu. Deviled eggs are hard boiled eggs that are served cut in half and stuffed with a mixture that typically includes the egg yolk along with some mayonnaise, mustard and a touch of hot sauce or a garnish of chili powder. Although your basic deviled eggs are great all by themselves you do not have to stick with the basic filling; you can go crazy with the flavours and one of my favourite ways to stuff them is with guacamole! You cannot go wrong combining two already amazing things like eggs and guacamole in a new dish like guacamole deviled eggs! As good as the guacamole deviled eggs sound I could hardly resist stopping there and I had to throw in another amazing ingredient, bacon! Bacon and eggs is a match made in heaven and bacon and avocado is not far behind so why not combine them all in bacon guacamole deviled eggs? No matter how you cut it, these bacon guacamole deviled eggs are bound to be a hit at your Easter gathering!
The only real problem with these little gems is how quickly they will disappear; so make a lot!
So pretty and finger lickingly good!
Bacon Guacamole Deviled Eggs
Prep Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes Servings: 6
Deviled eggs never had it so good stuffed with bacon guacamole!
- 6 eggs, boiled, cooled, peeled, and cut in half
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- 2 tablespoons bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (~1/2 lime)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- salt, pepper and cayenne to taste
- pinch chili powder (for garnish)
- Scoop the yolks out of the egg halves, mash them, mix with the avocado, bacon, jalapeno, onion, tomato, lime juice and cilantro and season with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Place a tablespoon of the mixture back into the holes left by the yolks in the eggs and serve garnished with extra bacon and a pinch of chili powder.