I have been a huge fan of roasted cauliflower ever since I first tried it! There is just something about roasted cauliflower... roasting it takes something that is pretty boring and transforms it into something that is extraordinary. Even in it's simplest form, tossed in olive oil with salt and pepper, it is ridiculously addictive and I could easily chow down on a bowl of it rather than popcorn while watching a movie. The only real question is, why stop with salt and pepper when you could add any number of flavours or seasonings to the roasted cauliflower? Buffalo roasted cauliflower as to be one of my current favourites but I have plenty of ideas for roasted cauliflower starting with this chicken satay inspired one. The basic idea behind this roasted cauliflower was to marinate the cauliflower in a satay style marinade, roast it and then serve it with a Thai style spicy peanut sauce for dipping. I was a little worried that marinating the cauliflower might cause problems with roasting but it works quite well with the cauliflower absorbing a lot of the marinades flavour and it still roasts up perfectly. This satay roasted cauliflower is super tasty all by itself but the peanut sauce takes it to a whole new level of amazingness!
This satay roasted cauliflower is great as a snack, side dish or even as a light meal!
Roasted Cauliflower Satay with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
Cauliflower that is marinated in a satay style marinade and then roasted and served with a spicy peanut sauce.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Marinate Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds, toasted and ground
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 2 stalks lemongrass, peeled and chopped
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon galangal (or ginger), grated
- 1 birds eye chili, sliced
- 1 lime (juice and zest)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (or soy sauce for vegetarian)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup peanut sauce
- Mix the coriander, cumin, turmeric, lemongrass, shallot, garlic, galangal, chili, lime, fish sauce sugar and oil and marinate the cauliflower in the mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes to over night.
- Arrange the cauliflower in a single layer on a baking sheet, and roast in a preheated 400F oven until lightly golden brown, about 20-30 minutes, flipping in the middle.
Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower
Chicken Satay Quesadillas with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
Roasted Cauliflower and Aged White Cheddar Dip