I have been seeing these baked avocado bacon and eggs on pinterest for a while now and I cannot believe that it has taken me so long to make them! Both avocados and bacon are two of my favourite foods and eggs are not far behind so combining them together in one simple dish can only be loads of goodness! The basic idea is to cut an avocado in half, scoop out enough to fit an egg, fill it with the egg and then bake it until the egg is set the way you like. In total it only takes about 15 to 20 minutes and in that time you can cook some bacon up to sprinkle on top. Once baked you can eat it by the spoonful right out of the avocado shell or you can spread it on toast. The warm baked avocado is sublimely good and combined with a runny egg yolk and smokey bacon and you have a breakfast made in heaven! (See below for the runny egg yolk in all of it's glory!)
I like my egg yolks runny which makes it perfect for smearing on toast!
Some more gratuitous runny egg yolk shots.
Try adding some juicy tomatoes which go really well with avocados and bacon.
Baked Avocado Bacon and Eggs
Warm and creamy avocados baked with eggs in them and topped with crispy bacon make for an irresistible breakfast!
- 1 medium avocado, cut in half and stone removed
- 2 small eggs
- 2 strips bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Scoop enough of the avocado out that it can fit the eggs and fill them with the eggs.
- Bake in a preheated 425F oven for 15 minutes or until the eggs are set the way you like it.
- Meanwhile cook the bacon and set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Season the avocados with salt and pepper to taste, top with the bacon and enjoy with a spoon or on toast.
Poached Egg on Toast with Chipotle Mayonnaise, Bacon and Avocado
Avocado Breakfast Pizza with Fried Egg
Bacon Guacamole Deviled Eggs
Bacon Jam Breakfast Sandwich with Fried Egg and Avocado
Creamy Avocado/Guacamole Egg Salad Sandwich with Bacon
Avocado BLT with Fried Egg And Chipotle Mayo
Eggs Benedict with Bacon, Avodaise (Avocado Hollandaise) and Harissa