The National Grilled Cheese Month is coming to an end soon but I still have a few grilled cheese sandwiches up my sleeves including this tasty BBQ pulled pork grilled cheese! In my opinion it is hard to go wrong combining succulent pulled pork in a sweet, tangy and spicy BBQ sauce and then smothering it in ooey gooey melted cheese! BBQ pulled pork sandwiches are often served with the addition of a cool and creamy coleslaw right in the sandwich and I see nothing wrong with adding some to the grilled cheese version either, though it does make for a slightly messier sandwich. The next time you make some pulled pork, make a lot to ensure that you have some leftovers for these BBQ pulled pork grilled cheese sandwiches!
If you prefer, feel free to serve the coleslaw on the side; that way you can get even more BBQ pulled pork into the sandwich!
BBQ Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese
A grilled cheese sandwich full of succulent BBQ pulled pork smothered in melted cheese.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices bread
- 2 slices cheddar (or 1/2 cup shredded)
- 1/2 cup pulled pork, warm
- 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons coleslaw (optional)
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, place one slice in the pan with buttered side down, top with half of the cheese, the mixture of the pork and BBQ sauce, the coleslaw, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread with buttered side up.
- Grill until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich with Slaw
Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Cuban Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Korean BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich
Vietnamese BBQ Pulled Pork Banh Mi
Salsa Verde Pulled Chicken Sandwich