Up next for National Grilled Cheese Month is a sandwich that is inspired by both a bar room staple and plain old family fun meal, chicken fajitas! Chicken fajitas are seasoned, grilled chicken, sauteed peppers and onions served with fresh tortillas and condiments like shredded cheese, salsa , guacamole , and sour cream. The ingredients for chicken fajitas are typically served separate at the table so that you can construct your own, the way you like it, and who doesn't like to make their own meal at the table? These fajitas grilled cheese are not served to construct 'as you like' at the table but you can certainly make them 'as you like' by filling them with what you want from just the seasoned grilled chicken and sauteed peppers and onions to fully loaded with the salsa, guacamole and sour cream. I like to fill the sandwich with just the seasoned grilled chicken and sauteed peppers and onions and serve it with the with the salsa, guacamole and sour cream on the side for dipping but loading them all up into the grilled cheese is also good! The next time you make chicken fajitas , make a double batch so that you can make these chicken fajita grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch the next day or forget waiting and just make a batch for these grilled cheese sandwiches!
You cannot go wrong with spicy grilled chicken, sweet peppers and onions and plenty of melted cheese in golden brown, toasted butter bread!
Chicken Fajita Grilled Cheese
A grilled cheese sandwich stuffed with grilled texmex chicken, onions and peppers along with plenty of melted cheese served with, guacamole, sour cream and/or salsa for dipping.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices bread
- 1 slice cheddar cheese (or 1/4 cup shredded)
- 1 slice monterey jack cheese (or 1/4 cup shredded)
- 1/2 cup chicken fajitas
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, place one slice in the pan with buttered side down, top with half of the cheddar followed by the chicken fajitas, the remaining cheddar and finally the other slice of bread with buttered side up.
- Grill until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Serve with guacamole, salsa and sour cream for dipping.
Chicken Fajita Quesadillas
Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Bacon Double Cheeseburger Grilled Cheese Sandwich
BLT Grilled Cheese (BLTGC)
Taco Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Moroccan Chicken Manchego Melt
Chicken Fajita Soup
Salisbury Steak Grilled Cheese with Mushroom Gravy