Are you lucky enough to still have some leftover ham from Easter? (Or do you have some bacon on hand?) These ham and egg breakfast quesadillas are a great way to enjoy it in a tasty breakfast that is easy to make and comes together in a matter of minutes! It is so easy to add some leftover ham into scrambled eggs for a tasty breakfast but why not try doing something new and fun like quesadillas? You could throw pretty much anything that you want into these quesadillas and since I like mine spicy I tend go with salsa and jalapenos along with the ham, eggs and cheese. After a few days of these amazing ham and egg breakfast quesadillas I will be sad to see the rest of the leftover ham disappear!
These quesadillas can be a little messing but they are oh so good! Make sure that you cook them until the tortilla gets nice and crispy and golden brown so that they hold together when you pick them up.
Serve with extra salsa on the side for dipping.
Ham and Egg Breakfast Quesadillas
Quesadillas for breakfast filled with scrambled eggs, ham and plenty of melted cheese!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 (10 inch) tortilla
- 1/4 cup cheddar, shredded
- 1/4 cup monterey jack, shredded
- 1/4 cup ham, cut into small pieces or 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 eggs, cooked scrambled style
- 1-2 tablespoon salsa or pico de gallo
- 1-2 tablespoon jalapenos, sliced (pickled or fresh)
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Place the tortilla in the pan, sprinkle half of the cheese over half of the tortilla, followed by the ham, scrambled eggs, salsa, jalapenos, green onion and the remaining cheese.
- Fold the tortilla in half coving the filling and cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Breakfast Chorizo Quesadilla Topped with a Fried Egg
Breakfast Queso Fundido
Ham and Cheese Egg Casserole
Ham, Egg and Gruyere Crepes with Maple Syrup
Bacon Jam and Guacamole Quesadilla with Fried Egg with Bacon Jam Vinaigrette Drizzle
Cottage Cheese and Egg Muffins with Ham and Cheddar Cheese
BBQ Ham, Bacon and Pineapple Quesadillas (aka BBQ Hawaiian Pizza Quesadillas)
Ham and Eggs au Gratin