Ever since I made the Thai inspired sweet chili chili dressing it has been haunting my dreams and I have been obsessing about using it again! Really this sweet chili dressing is addictive enough to eat by the spoonful or even drink by the bottle full but I wanted to use it in another recipe and enchiladas sounded like the perfect option! I was thinking that chicken and sweet chili would be an amazing combination for enchiladas, I mean you really cannot go wrong with smothering chicken in a tasty sauce, wrapping it in tortillas, and drowning it in melted cheese! I did however want to fill the enchiladas out a bit and cool and creamy avocados were and excellent way to do so! The sweet chili sauce and melted cheese combo works surprisingly well together in these chicken enchiladas and the avocados bring bring everything together!
The sweet chili dressing works amazingly well in these enchiladas but you want to go easy on it so as not to overpower the other flavours.
Just look at all of that melted cheesy goodness!
Sweet Chili Chicken and Avocado Enchiladas
Chicken and avocado enchiladas in a in a tasty sweet chili sauce.
Servings: makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups sweet chili dressing
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 avocados, diced and tossed in 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups jack cheese, shredded
- 8 (7 inch) tortillas
- 1/4 cup peanuts, toasted and chopped
- Mix 1/2 cup of the sweet chili dressing with the chicken, avocado, green onions, cilantro and half of the cheese.
- Coat the bottom of a large baking dish with some of the dressing, wrap the chicken and avocado mixture in the tortillas and place them in the dish.
- Top the enchiladas with the remaining dressing and cheese and bake in a preheated 350F oven until the cheese has melted and the sides are bubbling, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve topped with the toasted peanuts.
Chicken and Avocado Enchiladas in Creamy Avocado Sauce
Thai Spicy Peanut Chicken Enchiladas
Sweet Chili Chicken Salad
Sweet Chili Chicken Quesadilla
Thai Chicken Pizza with Sweet Chili Sauce
Sweet Chili Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich