This will be the last new grilled cheese for the National Grilled Cheese Month and it is possibly the tastiest, the taco grilled cheese. The basic idea is to take all of the flavours of taco night and stuff them into one rather large grilled cheese sandwich! This sandwich starts with some taco seasoned ground beef made with a homemade taco seasoning and then it continues with the classic taco toppings including salsa, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, guacamole and it is of course finished with plenty of melted cheese! With all of those ingredients this is one large sandwich and with the salsa, sour cream and guacamole in there it can be one messy sandwich. Feel free to omit the salsa and sour cream from the sandwich and serve them on the side for dipping and it is also fun to serve this grilled cheese topped with them along with the guacamole and eating it with a knife and fork. This sandwich is definitely a nice way to celebrate the upcoming Cinco de Mayo in grilled cheese style!
Taco night has never been better than this!
Taco Grilled Cheese Sandwich
A grilled cheese sandwich stuffed with all of your favourite taco fixins' including seasoned ground beef, salsa, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, guacamole and of course plenty of ooey gooey melted cheese.
Servings: makes 1 sandwich
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices cheddar (or 1/2 cup shredded)
- 1/2 cup taco seasoned ground beef
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons lettuce, shredded
- 2 tablespoons tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon guacamole (optional)
- Heat a clean pan over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, place one slice in the pan with buttered side down, top with half of the cheese, the seasoned ground beef, salsa, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, guacamole, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread with buttered side up.
- Grill until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Serve with extra salsa, guacamole and/or sour cream for dipping or topping.
Cornbread Grilled Cheese with Chipotle Caramelized Onions, Refried Black Beans and Guacamole
Bacon Double Cheeseburger Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Chicken Fajita Grilled Cheese
Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Moussaka Patty Melt
More taco inspired recipes:
Easy Homemade Tacos
Taco Stuffed Shells