Are you ready for some more quesadillas with summer fruit or berries? How about some strawberry quesadillas? Strawberries are in season right now and it's been hard not to think about different ways of enjoying them since I have been picking up four or more pints of them every week! Quesadillas definitely came to mind, I mean you cannot go wrong combining fruit or berries with plenty of melted cheese, and I wanted to make a light meal out of them by adding some grilled chicken. I also included some of my favourite strawberry flavour combinations including smoky and salty bacon, sweet onions, tart balsamic vinegar, spicy sriracha chili sauce and fresh cilantro giving it a nice exotic flare! I have to say that these flavours work very well together making these quesadillas one fabulous way to enjoy some of summers bounty!
Just look at all of that melted cheesy goodness!
Tip: Try to keep the balsamic reduction away from the edges as it can make quite the mess if it oozes out of the sides with the melting cheese.
Strawberry Balsamic Grilled Chicken and Bacon Quesadillas
Strawberry and grilled chicken quesadillas with bacon, sweet onion, balsamic reduction and sriracha chili sauce all wrapped up in a toasty tortilla and plenty of ooey gooey melted cheese.
- 1 (10 inch) tortilla
- 1/2 cup mozzarella or jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup chicken, grilled and cut into small pieces
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sweet onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon balsamic reduction
- sriracha to taste
- cilantro to taste
- Heat a pan over medium heat, place the tortilla in the pan, sprinkle half of the cheese over half of the tortilla, followed by the strawberries, chicken, bacon, onions, balsamic reduction, sriracha, cilantro and the remaining cheese.
- Fold the tortilla in half coving the filling and cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Note: For balsamic reduction Simmer 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon brown sugar until reduced by half.
Balsamic Strawberry and Chicken Pizza with Sweet Onions and Smoked Bacon
Strawberry and Balsamic Grilled Chicken Salad
Strawberry BBQ Chicken Club Sandwich with Bacon, Avocado and Goat Cheese
Strawberry BBQ Chicken Spinach and Quinoa Salad with Bacon, Avocado and Goat Cheese
Strawberry and Avocado Spinach Salad
Pesto Grilled Shrimp Caprese Quesadillas
Peach, Chicken and Gorgonzola Balsamic Quesadillas with Arugula Pesto
Strawberry, Bacon and Goat Cheese Strata with Balsamic Syrup
Chipotle Lime Salmon and Avocado Salsa Quesadillas
Raspberry Balsamic Chipotle Grilled Pork Chops