A nice fresh strawberry caprese salad is a great way to enjoy some of those perfectly ripe and juicy summer strawberries but if you are looking for something that could be more of a light meal how about a strawberry quinoa and spinach caprese salad? This salad is pretty much just a simply amazing strawberry caprese salad served on a bed of baby spinach and light, fluffy and tender quinoa and it makes for a really quick and easy light meal! When doing a strawberry caprese salad like this I like to kick up the flavour a bit by using a tasty homemade balsamic vinaigrette rather than just a splash of balsamic vinegar.
Strawberry Quinoa and Spinach Caprese Salad
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Cool Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4
A light and fresh summer strawberry quinoa and spinach salad with mozzarella and basil.
- 1 cup quinoa, well rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (5 ounce) package baby spinach
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 handful basil leaves, julienned
- Bring the water and quinoa to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the quinoa is tender and has absorbed the water, about 15 minutes, remove from heat, let sit covered for 5 minutes and let cook to room temperature.
- Assemble the salad and enjoy!