Up next in my summer grilling spree is some tasty chicken that is marinated in a Moroccan style spice blend. This Moroccan grilled chicken is as easy to make as marinating the chicken in lemon juice, olive oil and a blend of spices and then grilling it to perfection. The spice blend is made with a number of ingredients including a base of paprika with a touch of heat being provided by some cayenne and an hint of the exotic by the cinnamon, ginger and turmeric. Grilling the chicken only takes a few minutes so once you have it marinated you are only a few minutes always from tasty sticks of meat, almost like savoury lollipops really! This grilled chicken makes for great finger food at get-togethers and it also works well dinner.
Mmmm... grilled meat on a stick...
This grilled chicken goes great with a salad making for a nice light summer meal!
Moroccan Grilled Chicken Kabobs
Prep Time: 10 minutes Marinate Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes Servings: 4
Tasty grilled skewered chicken marinated in a Moroccan style spice blend.
- 1 pound boneless-skinless chicken, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (~1/2 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, toasted and ground
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Marinate the chicken in the mixture of the remaining ingredients for at least 20 minutes to overnight.
- Skewer the chicken and grill over medium-high heat until cooked, about 4-5 minutes per side.