Now that I had my brand new jalapeno popper dressing I needed a salad to test it on and it could not just be any salad, it needed to be one that was strong enough to stand up the the total amazingness of the dressing. One of the first salads that came to mind was a southwestern style chopped salad filled with plenty of hearty and tasty ingredients including grilled corn, black beans, tomatoes and avocado. Continuing with the dressings jalapeno popper theme I added pickled jalapenos to the salad along with cheddar cheese that the poppers are sometimes filled with, bacon that they are sometimes wrapped in and crumbled tortilla chips for the crunchy popper coating. I wanted this salad to eat more like a meal so I topped it off with some seasoned grilled chicken. All of the flavours and textures in this salad work wonderfully together from the creamy beans and avocado which temper the jalapenos heat to the juicy tomatoes, the salty bacon, the crunchy tortilla chips and of course the super tasty jalapeno popper dressing! What a salad!
The salad all assembled and pretty, covered in the jalapeno popper dressing.
The salad all mixed up in the creamy goodness of the jalapeno popper dressing!
Southwestern Grilled Chicken Jalapeno Popper Salad
A southwestern style grilled chicken salad with a spicy and creamy jalapeno popper inspired dressing.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 small chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups romaine or other lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 cup corn (~2 ears), preferably grilled or charred
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup green or red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1/4 cup crumbled tortilla chips (optional)
- 1/4 cup jalapeno popper dressing
- fresh or pickled sliced jalapenos to taste
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and grill over medium-high heat until cooked, about 4-6 minutes per side, set aside, let cool and slice.
- Assemble salad and enjoy!
Tip: Go easy on the jalapenos if you don't want a lot of heat.
BBQ Chicken Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
Carne Asada Salad
Strawberry and Balsamic Grilled Chicken Salad
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
Jalapeño Popper Quiche
Jalapeno Popper Pizza
Cheese Covered, Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Burgers
Jalapeno Popper Corn Fritters
Chipotle Lime Grilled Shrimp Salad in Cilantro Lime Dressing
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup