Very often what works in tacos also works in quesadillas and I could not help but think of how good the grilled jerk shrimp and grilled pineapple salsa combo would be all smothered in melted cheese and wrapped in a toasted tortilla! I figured that I would leave it at the nice and simple combo of the spicy jerk shrimp and sweet pineapple salsa along with plenty of melted monterey jack cheese for the filling and that I would serve the quesadillas along with some pina colada guacamole and pina colada crema for dipping or topping. When you have all of the components made ahead of time these quesadillas only take a few minutes to make an they are so unbelievably good! Once again the spicy jerk shrimp and sweet and juicy pineapple salsa work magically well together only getting better with all of the melted cheese! The cool and creamy guacamole and crema play a brilliant counter point to both both the shrimp and salsa really bringing it all home!
It looks a lot like a pizza both when it is all assembled and open and after it is cooked and sliced!
Jerk Shrimp and Pineapple Salsa Quesadillas with Pina Colada Guacamole
Spicy jerk shrimp quesadillas with sweet and tangy grilled pineapple salsa and plenty of melted cheese served with pina colada guacamole and crema.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 (6-8 inch) tortillas
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup grilled jerk shrimp
- 1/2 cup grilled pineapple salsa
- 1/2 cup pina colada guacamole (optional)
- 1/4 cup pina colada crema (optional)
- Heat a pan over medium heat, place a tortilla in the pan, sprinkle half of the cheese over the tortilla, followed by the shrimp, pineapple salsa, the remaining cheese and tortilla.
- Cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Optionally serve with pina colada guacamole and/or pina colada crema.
Jerk Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa, Slaw and Pina Colada Crema
Pesto Grilled Shrimp Caprese Quesadillas
BBQ Ham, Bacon and Pineapple Quesadillas (aka BBQ Hawaiian Pizza Quesadillas)
BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas
Peach, Chicken and Gorgonzola Balsamic Quesadillas with Arugula Pesto