After making the apple, bacon and cheddar sticky buns earlier this week the flavour combination has been on my mind and I could not resist using it again, this time in some quesadillas. Even with the apple, bacon and cheddar the quesadillas felt like they still needed something and BBQ chicken was the perfect solution, adding a sweet heat along with a hint of smokiness. There is just something magical about this combination of sweet juicy apples, melted cheddar cheese, smoky bacon and spicy BBQ chicken and I will definitely be enjoying a few more of these quesadillas over the next few weeks this fall!
That caramelized cheese that drips out of the quesadillas is one of the best parts!
What a great way to enjoy some fall apples!
BBQ Chicken, Apple, Bacon and Cheddar Quesadillas
Quesadillas with BBQ chicken, fresh apple slices, bacon and plenty of melted cheddar cheese.
- 1 (10 inch) tortilla
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup chicken, cooked, shredded and warm
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1/2 apple, sliced
- 1 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Heat a pan over medium heat, place the tortilla in the pan, sprinkle half of the cheese over half of the tortilla, followed by the mixture of the chicken and BBQ sauce, the apple, bacon and the remaining cheese.
- Fold the tortilla in half coving the filling and cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.