I have been seeing these cute little mini peppers around the web for a while now so when I came across them in the grocery store for the first time I picked some up immediately. Of course I knew what I was going to use those mini peppers in first, these mini pepper nachos! I kept the mini pepper nachos nice and simple, stuffing them with some nice and healthy ingredients including corn, black beans, pico de gallo and avocado before covering them in plenty of ooey gooey melted cheese! The mini sweet bell peppers work amazingly well in nacho form, providing a nice sweet base that is perfectly sized for finger food! These mini pepper nachos are sure to please at your next party and given how healthy they are, there will be no regrets!
A dab of sour cream never hurts!
Mini Pepper Nachos with Corn, Black Beans and Avocado
Healthy mini pepper nachos stuffed full of corn, black beans, pico de gallo and avocado and smothered in melted cheese that are a perfect for snacking or for a light meal.
- 2/3 cup corn (grilled, charred, fresh, thawed or canned)
- 2/3 cup black beans
- 2/3 cup pico de gallo or your favourite salsa
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound mini peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup green onions or cilantro (optional)
- Mix the corn, black beans, pico de gallo and avocado and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the peppers on a baking sheet, fill with the filling, sprinkle on the cheese and broil until the cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes.
- Serve optionally garnished with green onions or cilantro.
Note: Use a salsa based on your desire for heat. Pico de gallo is generally pretty mild so if you want it hotter, use a hotter salsa. I like the freshness of the pico de gallo but I also like it hotter and so I add some chipotle hot sauce to the mix to add some more heat along with a nice smokiness.