My next new pumpkin recipe of the season is a super quick, easy and tasty creamy pumpkin alfredo pasta! The pumpkin sauce for this pasta is loosely based on an alfredo sauce which is typically made with butter and melted cheese, usually parmesan, and it also commonly contains cream. This sauce starts out with the butter and a touch of garlic and then moves on to the cream and parmesan along with some pumpkin puree. Instead of using the parmesan as the primary cheese flavour I cut back on it and went with a tangy goat cheese which pairs particularly well with the sweet pumpkin puree. The sauce is finished off with some sage and a hint of pumpkin pie spice to tingle the senses and the pasta topped with some irresistible crispy fried sage.
This pumpkin goat cheese alfredo does not require a lot of pumpkin puree so it is perfect if you had a bit left over and since it comes together in less time than it takes to cook the pasta it is a great weeknight meal but it is also special enough to impress guests!
Pumpkin Goat Cheese Fettuccine Alfredo with Crispy Fried Sage
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes Servings: 2
A quick and easy creamy goat cheese pumpkin alfredo with crispy fried sage.
- 6 ounces pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup milk (or heavy/whipping cream)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1 tablespoon sage, sliced thinly
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 handful sage leaves
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- Melt the butter in pan over medium heat, add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the cream, pumpkin puree, goat cheese, parmesan, sage and pumpkin pie spice and simmer until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, let it turn a light brown, add the sage and fry until crispy.
- Serve hot over the pasta garnished with more parmesan and crispy fried sage.
Option: Replace the goat cheese with a mild blue cheese like gorgonzola dolce.
Option: Add Sauteed mushrooms.