I am always on the lookout for tasty new side dish recipes to add to my box so when I came across the idea of creamed corn, think creamed spinach except with corn, on Picky Palate I just had to try it. I mean, you really cannot go wrong taking sweet corn and placing it in a creamy cheese sauce but then to add sweet and smoky roasted red peppers and bacon really takes this side over the edge! This creamed corn is super easy to make and you can even make it a day ahead and then just reheat it making it perfect for reducing the load for a big holiday meal! I am sure that this creamed corn with roasted red peppers and bacon will be a hit with any meal and it will be one of the first dishes to disappear from the table!
Creamed Corn with Roasted Red Peppers and Bacon
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: 8
A creamy corn side dish with roasted red peppers and bacon.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup green onions (optional)
- salt, pepper and cayenne to taste
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, add the corn and cream cheese, stir until the cream cheese has melted.
- Mix in the milk, roasted red pepper, bacon and green onions and cook until hot, about 5 minutes.
Option: Make a day or two ahead, place in a baking dish, cover and store in the fridge and then remove cover and bake at 350F to warm, about 15 minutes.