With the football playoffs here I have been trying out new recipes for the party for the Big Game! I have had these pizza poppers from Oh Bite It bookmarked to try for a while and now was the perfect time to make them! You really cannot go wrong taking something already great like pizza, making small bite sized balls and then frying until golden brown and crispy!
These pizza poppers a so easy to make! You pretty much just roll out the pizza dough, cut it into squares, top it with your favorite pizza ingredients, wrap the up and fry them. After they have been cooked you can sprinkle on some parmesan and seasonings and serve them with hot pizza sauce for dipping.
These are so good dipped in pizza sauce. Lick your fingers clean good!
All of the flavours of pizza rolled into balls and fried until golden brown and crispy! These little pizza poppers a stuffed with plenty of melted cheese and perfect when served with pizza sauce for dipping!
- 1 pizza dough (homemade or store bought)
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 24 1x1x1/4 inch pieces mozzarella
- oil of frying
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce (homemade or store bought), hot - link this
- Roll the dough out into a 12x8 inch rectangle, cut into 24 2x2 inch squares, top with pizza filling and wrap them up sealing them tightly.
- Heat some oil in a pan over medium heat and cook until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes, set aside in paper towels to drain, sprinkle on the mixture of the parmesan, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper and enjoy while warm, dipped into pizza sauce.
Option: Use your favourite pizza toppings.
Option: Instead of frying, place them in a baking dish with the sealed side down, brush with oil, sprinkle on the mixture of the parmesan, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper and bake in a preheated 400F oven until golden brown on top, about 15 minutes.