I have never actually had these avocado egg rolls at the Cheesecake Factory but as soon as I came across them on pinterest via Lil'Luna I knew that I would have to try making them. I mean you really can't go wrong taking creamy avocado, wrapping it up in crispy egg rolls and serving them with a tasty tamarind and cashew dipping sauce. This copycat recipe is essentially a simple avocado 'guacamole' with sundried tomatoes that is wrapped up in egg rolls and fried until crispy. I would wolf down a plate of the avocado egg rolls just by themselves but they also come with a tasty sweet and tart cashew sauce for dipping that is fabulous in it's own right! I can't wait to make these avocado eggs rolls again!
Golden brown, crispy and good!
Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Rolls
Crispy avocado and sundried tomato egg rolls with a tasty tamarind and cashew dipping sauce.
- 2 large avocados, diced
- 4 sundried tomatoes packed in oil, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (~1/2 lime)
- 8 egg rolls
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup cashews, chopped or ground
- 1 teaspoon tamarind concentrate or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- chili sauce sauce as sriracha to taste
- salt to taste
For the egg rolls:
For the cashew and tamarind dipping sauce:
- Mix the avocado, sundried tomatoes, red onion cilantro and lime juice, divide the mixture between the egg roll wrappers and roll them sealing with the egg white.
- Heat some oil in a small pan over medium-high heat add the egg rolls and fry until golden brown and crispy, about 3-5 minutes and set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Puree the oil, cashews, tamarind, balsamic vinegar, honey, cilantro, garlic, ginger, chili sauce and salt in a food processor.