It looks like I have the time to share one final recipe idea for watching the big game today, a cheesy chicken enchilada dip! This dip is super easy to make and it starts out with chicken and a tasty homemade enchilada sauce, though you could use store bought to save some time. You can fill this dip out with your favourite enchilada fillings and I like to go with some healthier ingredients including corn and beans before moving on to plenty of cheese! You simply mix all of the ingredient, bake until the cheese has melted and then it's time to dig in with tortilla chips, crackers bread or your favourite scooping items.
Just look at all of that melted cheese dripping over the sides!
Chicken Enchilada Dip
A quick, easy and tasty cheesy chicken enchilada dip that is perfect for game day snacking!
- 1/2 pound chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup enchilada sauce, see below
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup montery jack cheese, shredded
- Mix the chicken, enchilada sauce, beans, corn and half of the cheese, place in a baking dish and sprinkle on the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the top is a light golden brown and the sides are bubbling, about 15-20 minutes.
A quick and easy homemade enchilada sauce.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon cumin, toasted and ground
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cumin and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Puree the onions and garlic along with the chilies and tomatoes in a food processor and return to pan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, simmer for a few minutes and season with salt and pepper.