I guess I missed the whole one-pot craze that went around awhile ago but I did bookmark a few recipes to try including this one-pot cheeseburger casserole from Damn Delicious. What's not to love about one-pot recipes? I am all for anything that helps cut down on the number of dishes that I need to wash and I am really into using cheeseburger flavours in interesting new dishes so this one-pot cheeseburger casserole was right up my alley. I started the casserole off with, you guessed it, bacon, because no self respecting burger can go without bacon! Up next is the beef and onions followed by a tomato base, pasta and beef broth for the liquid to cook the pasta. The casserole is seasoned with some common burger garnishes including ketchup and mustard and I like to add a hit of worcestershire sauce to my burger patties so that was in as well. Overall this cheeseburger casserole is super easy to make, you simply cook the bacon, cook the beef, throw everything into the pot and simmer until the pasta is cooked before throwing on the cheese to melt on top. The cheeseburger casserole would be amazing all by itself but why not garnish it with some fresh toppings and I like to go with some of my favourite burger topping including fresh tomatoes and diced pickles.
Check out below the recipe for more bacon cheeseburger recipe ideas!
This is definitely one tasty and kid friendly meal!
This cheeseburger casserole is just covered in melted cheese!
One Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 35 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes Servings: 6
All of the flavours of a bacon cheeseburger in an easy one-pot casserole!
- 4 strips bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces pasta (gluten free for gluten free)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook the bacon in a large pan over medium heat, about 5-7 minutes, set aside on paper towels to drain and drain the grease from the pan.
- Cook the ground beef and onion in the same pan over medium-high heat, about 5-7 minutes, and drain any excess grease.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, ketchup, mustard, worcestershire sauce and pasta, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer covered until the pasta is al dente tender, about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle on the cheese and simmer, covered until the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes, and serve garnished with the bacon.
Option: Omit the bacon.
Option: Add hot sauce to taste.
Option: Season with your favourite steak seasoning blend (like Montreal Steak Spice) instead of salt and pepper.
Option: Garnish with any of: fresh diced tomato, shredded lettuce, diced pickles, sliced green onions, or your favourite burger toppings.