With Cinco de Mayo right around the corner I have been thinking about Mexican food a lot lately. Ever since I used cauliflower 'rice' in the chicken fried cauliflower rice I have been contemplating other ways to enjoy it! Of course one of the first things that came to mind was cilantro lime rice, one of my favourite Mexican side dishes, which takes boring old rice and gives it new life by infusing it with a hit of fresh cilantro and lime juice! This cilantro lime cauliflower rice is addictively good and so easy to make! You simply rice the cauliflower, saute it until tender and mix in the cilantro and lime! The next time you are making rice for your Mexican themed meal make some lighter and healthier cilantro lime cauliflower rice instead!
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
A light and fresh take on cilantro lime rice that uses riced cauliflower instead of rice!
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Rice the cauliflower by grating it on the larger holes on a grated or in a food processor. (The food processor makes this so quick and easy!)
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat, add the cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower rice is tender and slightly golden brown, about 7-10 minutes.
- Mix the lime juice, zest and cilantro into the cauliflower rice and enjoy!
Option: Saute a diced onion and a chopped clove of garlic in the oil before adding the cauliflower rice.