Cilantro and lime has to be one of my favourite flavour combos and my favourite way to enjoy it is on shrimp! I make cilantro lime shrimp year round but the summer is the best since you can do them on the grill. One of the great things about the cilantro and lime flavour combo, other than being tasty, is that it is so light and fresh and perfect for summer or reminding you of summer in the dead of winter. This recipe is really easy, you simply make the marinade, marinate the shrimp, skewer them and grill them. All said, excluding the marinate time, it takes less that 20 minutes from the time you start until you can be popping these bad boys into your mouth like candy! You can enjoy these shrimp by themselves or in other dishes like tacos, nachos, pasta, etc.
Cilantro Lime Grilled Shrimp
Prep Time: 10 minutes Marinate Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes Servings: 4
Shrimp in a tasty, light and fresh cilantro lime marinade that is grilled to perfection.
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 limes, juice and zest or 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate the shrimp in the mixture of the lime juice, zest, oil, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, salt and pepper for 30 minutes.
- Skewer the shrimp and grill over medium-high heat until cooked, about 2-3 minutes per side.