One of my favourite things about summer is all of the fresh strawberries; I love using them in salads and they also work well in dressings like this strawberry poppy seed vinaigrette! This dressing is so easy to make that it literally only takes about 5 minutes! You simply puree fresh strawberries with white balsamic vinegar, oil, garlic, honey for sweetness, mustard for tanginess, tamari for saltiness and a kick of umami and sriracha for heat along with the poppy seeds of course! This fresh strawberry poppy seed vinaigrette goes great on salads of all kinds and in particular, this strawberry and avocado salad with bacon and feta!
Strawberry Poppy Seed Vinaigrette
Prep Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 5 minutes Servings: 1 cup
A strawberry poppy seed vinaigrette the will set your tastebuds tingling!
- 1/2 cup strawberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (or to taste) (optional)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Puree everything but the poppy seeds in a food processor or blender, optionally strain, and mix in the the poppy seeds.
Note: This dressing is great on this strawberry and avocado salad with bacon and feta!